If April showers bring May flowers, then what do May flowers bring? Pilgrims! (Ha ha.) But seriously, can you believe it’s time for the April roundup already? I guess time really does fly when you’re having fun. And boy did we have lots of fun last month!
So join me for a scroll down memory lane as we recall the outing mostly likely to…
1) …inspire your next playdate. You know this fast food establishment as a mainstay for road trips and late night cravings, but did you also know that the indoor play area (Ronald’s Play Place) at McDonald’s is a great place to meet up with mommy friends? With a fully enclosed playscape for the little ones and a spacious viewing/seating area for the adults, plus some pretty decent coffee beverages, everyone gets to “play” 🙂
2) …ignite your sense of adventure. When the sun is shining and the breeze is blowing, who doesn’t long to jump in the car for a scenic drive to a fun, new place? A day trip to New Milford is a perfect pick. With lovely scenery, small-town charm, plenty of eateries, and a deluxe playground for the kids, this western Connecticut destination is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
3) …burn off all that endless toddler energy. With two large play areas chock-full of ladders, poles, monkey bars, climbing walls, and slides, Our Children’s Place Boundless Playground in Newington is an excellent spot for the kiddos to run free and enjoy the beautiful spring weather. And then you can enjoy the nice long naptime that’s sure to follow.
4) …require a to-go box. Joey Garlic’s in Newington is great for tiny dining, but there’s nothing tiny about their mouthwatering menu. Diners of all ages can feast on hardy helpings and plentiful portions. And who doesn’t love when leftover lunch becomes a delicious dinner? Bonus!
5) …make some new friends. The Wethersfield Library offers special “drop-in playtimes” that encourage parents and their children to meet and mingle in one of the library’s three play areas. Then stay for a story and a song at the short and sweet storytime. Oh, and did we mention that it’s FREE?!
6) …bring the whole family together. Elm Ridge Park in Rocky Hill has a skatepark, dog park, swimming pool, wading pool, covered picnic area, big and small playscapes, tons of green space, and a kickin’ summer concert series. So pack some snacks and bring along siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, neighbors and friends (even the four-legged variety). It’s quintessential summer fun for everyone.
So that’s it for April. You know we’ve got plenty of new ideas for getting “out and about” coming your way in May. But now it’s your turn. What have you been up to this month? Let us know by commenting below.
Got an idea for an outing we need to scout? Send us an email at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!
COMING UP: Check back Thursday when we’re visiting another great Boundless Playground. And it’s a big one!