We don’t normally do this, but we have been hearing about so many fun activities for this weekend, that we wanted to put together a quick post with the information. Most of these we have already posted on Facebook, but hopefully our readers will find this handy-dandy list helpful.
The following activities are happening this weekend (June 9th – 10th):
- The BlumShapiro 5K and kids fun run will be this Saturday in Cromwell at the Travelers Championship course.
- Addison Pool in Glastonbury opens for the season on Sunday for recreational swimming from 10:30am – 5:00pm & 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Adult swim will be from 5:00pm – 6:00pm. Admission is $2/child (under 2 free) and $4/adult. See the Town of Glastonbury website for annual pass information. You can also see pictures of the pool and get more details here. If you do go, make sure to check out the Addison park playground as well.
- Rose’s Berry Farm’s breakfast with a view opens for the season on Sunday. You may also have an opportunity for pick-your-own at the farm that same day. Check their Facebook page for the latest updates.
- The Mark Twain House and Museum will have two events going on this weekend. From 10:00am – 4:00pm on Saturday there will be a FREE family event called “Tom Sawyer Day”. Details on the event can be found here. Also, the house tours will be offered at a discounted rate on Saturday as part of CT Open House Day. Adult tickets will be $10 (usually $16) and kids are FREE.
- Time Machine Hobby in Manchester will have their annual open house this Saturday and Sunday. Details are below, but you can find out more information on their website, Facebook page, or even details on their model railroad display from Shawna’s post.
We will be having store-wide sales, free popcorn, face painting, and balloon animals. There will be demos throughout the store, and weather-permitting we will have RC and rocketry demos outside. Early in the day Damon Scott will be here, and mid-day there be a clown. Our huge model railroad display will be running from 10am to 4pm, but don’t worry if you can’t make it Saturday because it is a weekend-long event.
- Celebrate West Hartford will be taking place in (of course) West Hartford this Saturday and Sunday. Activities include musical entertainment, food vendors, kids rides, arts & craft shopping and a 5K race (Sunday).
- Mandell JCC’s Touch-a-Truck event is in West Hartford on Sunday from 9:30am – noon.
Also, across the state there will be opportunities for FREE and discounted rates at museums and other venues as part of CT Open House Day.
Need more inspiration on to what to do this weekend? Check out this post from our friends at Mommy Poppins. Or visit one of the many websites listed on our blogroll that provide information on family activities.
What other events are going on this weekend? What are your plans? Let us know!
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.