Now that we’re well into the new year, we’re trying to get back into the swing of things here at Out and About Mom. That means a return of the monthly roundup where you can get a snapshot of all the fabulous adventures we’ve had over the past month. It’s a great way to look back and plan ahead. And this month we had a wonderful mix of educational experiences, family-friendly adventures, and outright fun. So go grab your February calendar, because you’re gonna wanna make some plans!
1. To start off the new year, Mandy took us on a tour of the Connecticut Science Center in downtown Hartford where she discovered that there are a lot more things to occupy the preschool set than you might think. Even if your little scientist doesn’t grasp all the educational concepts of every exhibit, he or she will sure have fun exploring!
2. Next, I took Boo to check out the Eleanor Buck Wolf Nature Center in Wethersfield. With fuzzy bunnies, slithering lizards, and talkative birds, this hidden gem is a perfect cold-weather outing and a great way to explore nature even when you can’t be outside.
3. Heading to Disney World? Then you don’t want to miss Mandy’s post on Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. With standard rooms and family suites that offer a variety of themes from some of Disney’s most famous animated movies including Cars, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo, plus three pools, a playscape, an arcade, and nightly movies under the stars, this hotel will make your visit to Disney World even more magical.
4. Indoor play places are a big hit in the winter months, and Inflatable Adventure Zone in Manchester was no exception. Unfortunately, our new favorite place to bounce had to close for business on January 27th, but if there are any plans to reopen or relocate, we will surely keep you posted!
5. Fortunately, Mandy took her crew to Jump-n-Jammin in Bristol, which is another great option for burning off all that endless toddler energy. It has lots of colorful inflatables and even a special play area for the pre-jumping-age crowd.
6. If you previously read my post on the Nevers Park Walking Trails in South Windsor, then you would have known exactly where to go to enjoy today’s (relatively) warm temps in the 50’s. If not, keep it in mind for the next unseasonable day. I don’t know about you, but after all these frosty weeks, I am really pulling for that groundhog to tell us that spring will come early this year!
7. Lastly, Mandy struck gold when a botched outing to the Farmington Valley YMCA led her to explore the nearby Simsbury Library instead. With lots of books (of course), a comfy seating area, tons of toys, and a separate room for the two and under crowd, this library could be your family’s new favorite hangout.
Well, that’s it for the first month of the new year. And if you thought that was a good time, just wait until you see what we have in store for February. The shortest month of the year is going to be big on fun!
And as always, if you have an idea for an outing we need to scout, please send us an email to email@example.com or leave a comment below.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.