This giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to Kim P. on winning the tickets! If you didn’t win, but still want to go to the show, tickets are available. Check out the details below.
Today we have not one, but two GIVEAWAYS on tap for our readers.
This morning’s GIVEAWAY is for tickets to a theater performance in Fairfield, Connecticut designed for families and young audiences. Then, this afternoon’s GIVEAWAY will be for pre-sale tickets to a popular kids consignment sale in West Hartford, Connecticut.
So, get your typing fingers ready and let’s start with our first GIVEAWAY of the day!
The Northeast Children’s Theatre Company, is a relatively new not-for-profit based in Westport and Fairfield. They specialize in professional theatre for families and young audiences along with educational outreach in the dramatic arts for underprivileged children. They are currently in residence at Fairfield Theatre Company’s StageOne in downtown Fairfield and they are about to present their final performance of their inaugural season.
This weekend (May 11th & 12th) they will be performing “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”, a wildly popular musical comedy based on the classic Peanuts comic strip.
Today, they are offering our readers a chance to win six (6) tickets to the show of their choice (Either Saturday, May 11, 2013 @ 2pm or Sunday, May 12, 2013 @2pm).
Here is a little more information on the performance:
The Peanuts gang – Snoopy, Charlie, Linus, Lucy, Schroeder, and Sally – are all here and are coming to life in this fresh take on the stage adaptation of the classic comic strip. The affable Charlie Brown just wants to win the heart of the Little Red-Haired Girl, while Snoopy and Linus want to daydream. Meanwhile, the rest of the group battles book reports, kites, baseball games, and other comic misunderstandings.
While this musical is good, clean fun for the entire family – no matter what the age – it also addresses many social and cultural issues facing children & teens: bullying, accountability, teamwork, friendship, and self-identity. It also serves as an introductory tool for educating young students on the historical impact of comic strips and will elicit meaningful discussion at home and in the classroom. The show meets numerous curriculum core standards, including CCR Anchor Standards and Foundational Skills.
This full-scale production features a professional company of adult actors and plays at the FTC’s StageOne at 70 Sanford Street in Fairfield from May 4 through May 12 as a limited two-week engagement. All performances are at 2:00pm. It is recommended for all ages!
And here is information on tickets to the show:
Remaining Performance Schedule:
- Saturday, May 11th: 2:00 pm
- Sunday, May 12th: 2:00 pm
- Standard tickets are $15 and children’s tickets are $9
- Purchase tickets here or call 203-259-1036
- Additional fees/surcharges may apply
- Use code: “MOM513” to get a discount on all adult priced tickets. In honor of Mother’s Day on May 12, NCTC is thrilled to offer parents a discount on all Adult priced tickets! With this code, parents can purchase their tickets for the same price as the Child/Student ticket!
So, feeling lucky? Enter our GIVEAWAY for six tickets to the event and bring your whole family (and maybe some friends) along. One winner will be chosen. See details below:
- PRIZE: Six (6) tickets to The Northeast Children’s Theatre Company’s presentation of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown” at StageOne in Fairfield, Connecticut. The winner can choose the show they want to attend (either Saturday, May 11 at 2:00 pm or Sunday, May 12 at 2:00 pm). Prize valued at $72.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One (1)
- TO ENTER: Leave a comment on this post with the words “Charlie Brown” and tell us your favorite Peanuts character. Please make sure to leave your email address when you comment so that we can contact you if you are the winner. The email addresses that are collected for this giveaway will only be used for the purpose of contacting the winner and will never be distributed or sold. Entries submitted without a valid email address will not be considered valid entries and will be excluded from the drawing. Only one (1) contest entry per household.
- TIMING: The giveaway starts NOW and ends at noon on Wednesday, May 8, 2013. One (1) winner will be selected at random from all valid entries. The winner will be notified via email and announced on Facebook. Please make sure you check your junk mail folder for our email. If no response is received from the winner within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- No purchase is necessary to win. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. This contest is open to United States residents 18 and older.
Thank you to The Northeast Children’s Theatre Company for providing the tickets for this giveaway. All opinions are 100% my own.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.