UPDATE May 2016: Please note that this post was written in 2013. For 2016, the restaurant opened for the summer season on April 22nd. Find out the latest information about Dad’s Restaurant by visiting their Facebook page.
It’s lobster roll season here in New England and we recently tried out a new-to-us hot spot right here in our state. After a busy morning of strawberry picking a few weeks ago at Scott’s Yankee Farmer in East Lyme, we popped over to Niantic to try out Dad’s Restaurant.
The restaurant is located right near the water. I say right near, because you can technically see the water from the restaurant, but you don’t have the same water views as other lobster roll places we’ve visited. That is okay, though, because there is plenty of beach ambiance at this casual dining venue.
There is indoor and outdoor seating, a variety of seafood and non-seafood menu items and yummy ice cream for dessert. Plus, they offer beer on draft!
There is a train track right across the street from the restaurant and having actual trains go by combined with the anticipation of trains coming by was a source of great entertainment for my kiddos.
Overall, this was a great, casual, family friendly restaurant.
Let me give you a little visual tour . . .
Want to try even more Connecticut seafood venues? Check out the following posts:
- Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough (Noank, Connecticut)
- Costello’s Crab Shack (Noank, Connecticut)
- Lenny and Joe’s Fish Tale Restaurant (Madison, CT)
- Lobster Landing (Clinton, CT)
147 Main Street, Niantic, Connecticut
Phone: (860) 739-2113
Link to the restaurant menu can be found here.
Meet Our Sponsors!
- Bright Horizons Early Education and Preschool – Visit their newly renovated center in Glastonbury. Now enrolling infants, toddlers, preschoolers and pre-k children for their fall programs.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.