If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter, then you know that both Shawna and I spent this past weekend doing a little apple picking. It is that season here in Connecticut and it seems like everyone is talking about their recent apple hot spot.
Me and my crew went to Belltown Hill Orchards in Glastonbury for our outing. My kids love the tractor-pulled wagon ride and I love their apple cider donuts! Check out Shawna’s 2012 post for all the details on apple picking at Belltown.
Shawna and her crew also had an apple picking adventure and their destination of choice was Scott’s Orchard, also located in Glastonbury. Shawna’s little guy is only a few weeks old, so she preferred the convenience of their orchards which are located only steps away from the parking area. Boo is also a big fan of Scott’s because he loves their pint-sized hay maze. Check out Shawna’s 2011 post on Scott’s Orchard for all the information you need for this apple picking spot.
Want even more ideas for Connecticut apple picking destinations? Well we have them. Neither Shawna nor I have actually been apple picking at any of these locations, but we have visited for other activities. Our posts may be able to give you a little extra information about each place.
- Lyman Orchards (Middlefield, CT)
- March Farm (Bethlehem, CT)
- Rose’s Berry Farm – Breakfast, Fall Events, Berry Picking at the Main Farm, and Strawberry Picking at the Hebron Avenue Farm Stand (Glastonbury, CT)
- Scott’s Yankee Farmer (East Lyme, CT)
Where is your favorite apple picking destination?
Meet Our Sponsors!
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT is a private pre-school, elementary and middle school, serving families from over 20 communities.
- Jessica’s Garden – This Marlborough destination is a gardening center and family-friendly eatery rolled into one. A great place to take the kids, relax and enjoy the beautiful grounds, and check out their ice cream and lobster shack.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
- Moms in Training (MIT) – The newest branch of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, MIT is a Fairfield-based, flexible 8-week fitness program for moms who want to get fit, meet other local moms and help cure cancer!
- NEW: Stella and Dot Stylist, Tisa Rabun-Marshall
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.