We have been keeping a pretty busy schedule this fall and one of the activities Bruiser and Sparkles have really enjoyed is a program they are taking called Together Time.
The program runs at our local preschool in West Hartford, The School for Young Children, and is held every Tuesday from 9:30 – 11:00 am.
My kids LOVE the program and ask me pretty much every day when they are going to “Ms. Sue’s class”. Because they won’t be eligible for preschool until next year, it has been a great way to introduce them to the structure of school. They learn to play on their own and (attempt) to share with others. They enjoy setting up and eating a little snack with their friends and Bruiser anxiously awaits for Ms. Sue to ring the bell signaling it is time to clean up. [Side note: I attempted to implement the bell ringing/cleanup process in our house but was quickly informed, “Mommy. You don’t ring bell. Ms. Sue rings bell.” Darn!] They learn new songs, read new books, and we sometimes head outside on the nature trail to look for bugs and sticks.
I wanted to mention the program because if you live near West Hartford and think you might be interested, sign up for the second session (which starts October 29th) is going on now.
If you don’t live in the area, but have a child who will be heading to preschool next year, you might want to check with your local preschools and see if they offer a similar program.
Here are some fun pictures of Bruiser and Sparkles in action during the Together Time class (thanks to Mrs. Sue for sending these to me!)
Here are some additional details about the program.
The program is NOT drop-off which means I get to explore the world of a preschooler right along with my little ones. While I would love to drop them off and get a few things done during that hour and a half, the benefit of me being there with them is that I’m learning a lot about preschool itself and what I need to look for as I’m weighing the options of where to send them next year. I’ve also learned a few new activities that can keep them busy for more than five minutes. I tried out a couple of them yesterday.
If you have a child (or two) in the 24 month to 3 year age range, I would highly recommend looking into this program. If West Hartford isn’t close to where you live, then check out the preschools in your area, maybe they have a similar program available. Oh and if you know of a great program for the 2-3 year old crowd, let us know by leaving a comment below.
Questions about the Together Time program? Contact Sue O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.231.5561.
P.S. – If my two rinky-dink attempts at being crafty got you inspired, you should check out our friend’s website, Homegrown Friends, where you can find even more crafty ideas. She just started a new Back to Basics series that is perfect for the crafting challenged mom like me 🙂
Meet Our Sponsors!
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT is a private pre-school, elementary and middle school, serving families from over 20 communities.
- Jessica’s Garden – This Marlborough destination is a gardening center and family-friendly eatery rolled into one. A great place to take the kids, relax and enjoy the beautiful grounds, and check out their ice cream and lobster shack.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
- Moms in Training (MIT) – The newest branch of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. MIT is a Fairfield-based, flexible 8-week fitness program for moms who want to get fit, meet other local moms and help cure cancer!
- Stella and Dot Stylist, Tisa Rabun-Marshall can help you get your wardrobe set for fall or begin your Holiday gift shopping with the latest in boutique-style jewelry and accessories.
- NEW: William Raveis Sales Associate, Joanna Soucie
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.