Why just go grocery shopping at any ol’ place when you can make it a fun family outing at Stew Leonard’s?
Having the new baby has made it hard to do any kind of marathon grocery shopping lately, so we’ve been picking up things here and there in an attempt to keep our fridge and pantry from going the way of Old Mother Hubbard.
But this past weekend, there was no getting out of it. So we packed the family in the car and headed to Stew Leonard’s in Newington, CT. I’d been wanting to check out their FREE kids’ hay maze, which they have open for the month of October (just ignore that “cashier” booth–the maze is free, I promise 🙂 ). For more info about other fun–and mostly FREE–Halloween events from Stew’s, check out our Halloween Events Page.
Every time I go to Stew’s in Newington I find out something else exciting that makes a mundane trip to the grocery store extra special for the wee ones. On my first trip, I found all the adorable (and animated) puppets placed all around the store. On my second trip I tried out a fabulous toddler cooking class and also discovered a kid-friendly dining loft great for grabbing a quick bite. And on this trip I not only got to check out the seasonal hay maze, but I found out that for every $100 you spend at Stew’s, you get a voucher on the bottom of your receipt for a free small ice cream (or small coffee) from their ice cream shop! Boo was loving that 🙂
And I loved seeing all the fun Halloween-themed and fall decor (pumpkins and corn stalks and Indian corn, oh my!). I wish I had more time to decorate this year–I only just managed to put up my fall wreaths yesterday 🙂
So if you’re in need of a restock, take the family to Stew’s for the most fun you can have at a grocery store!
Meet Our Sponsors!
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT is a private pre-school, elementary and middle school, serving families from over 20 communities.
- Jessica’s Garden – This Marlborough destination is a gardening center and family-friendly eatery rolled into one. A great place to take the kids, relax and enjoy the beautiful grounds, and check out their ice cream and lobster shack.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
- Moms in Training (MIT) – The newest branch of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. MIT is a Fairfield-based, flexible 8-week fitness program for moms who want to get fit, meet other local moms and help cure cancer!
- Stella and Dot Stylist, Tisa Rabun-Marshall can help you get your wardrobe set for fall or begin your Holiday gift shopping with the latest in boutique-style jewelry and accessories.
- NEW: William Raveis Sales Associate, Joanna Soucie
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.