It was so chilly this morning! Brrrr. Made me realize that I better show you all these pics of a new-to-me playground in Hebron, CT before it gets too cold for anyone to play outside!
Several weeks ago, hubby and I were desperate to get the boys out of the house for a couple hours, so we decided to take the 20-minute drive out to Hebron, CT (from our home in Glastonbury) to check out this playground in Veterans Memorial Park that a reader had recommended to me many moons ago.
Turns out this is a great little playground for preschoolers. It’s not fenced-in, but it is set far back from the road and parking area, and is therefore away from any traffic (always love that!), and it has both a smaller playscape for the toddler crowd and a larger playscape for the older kids.
There are also plenty of shady picnic spots and lots of open green space for just general romping around and enjoying the outdoors 🙂
Veterans Memorial Park Playground
Wall Street, Hebron, CT (Across the street from RHAM High School)
Details can be found in this brochure from the Hebron Parks & Rec Dept.
- Large parking lot
- Big and small playscapes
- Big kid swings and baby swings
- Picnic tables and benches
- Skate park (for older kids)
- Basketball court
- Baseball field
- Other fields
- Walking trails
- Restrooms are located at the far end of the parking lot (but they were locked when we were there and I did not see a porta-potty anywhere)
Meet Our Sponsors!
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT is a private pre-school, elementary and middle school, serving families from over 20 communities.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.