Okay. What happened?! Two seconds ago I was putting on Boo’s Halloween costume, and now it’s the end of November already? Wait, what’s that they say about time flying? Maybe Mandy and I are just having too much fun 🙂
Let’s take a look at all the neat places we visited this month.
1. Check It Out. It was library overload around here in November. That’s because we can’t get enough of these fun, FREE, family-friendly places to take our little ones when the weather outside gets frightful.
First, I gave a you a tour of the new-to-me Rocky Hill Library with its amazing children’s play and reading area, plus lots of drop in playtimes and storytimes and even crafts. All for FREE!
We’ve been to lots of great libraries over the years, so make sure you click here if you’re looking for a new one to explore.
2. A Fall Farewell. We were able to squeeze in a few new outdoor activities while the fall weather was still fine. Now that it’s freeeeezing outside, you might need to table these activities until you come out of hibernation in the spring. Or you could always just pile on the warm clothes and go for it 🙂
First, Mandy toured Roaring Brook Nature Center in Canton, CT. This family-friendly facility has both indoor animal exhibits and outdoor activities, plus plenty of nature trails to explore.
Then, I showed you my latest playground find: Veterans Memorial Park playground in Hebron, CT.
3. A Head Start in Art. I was so pleasantly surprised to discover the family-friendly New Britain Museum of American Art. We went this month to see the opening of the Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild Things Are) exhibit, which runs now through February 9, 2014, thinking Boo would love to see his colorful cast of characters up close and personal, but now I can’t wait to go back to check out their drop-in preschool art class and to explore the rest of the galleries with Boo. Need more incentive? The museum is FREE to the public on Saturday mornings.
4. ‘Tis the Season. And of course, how can we forget our annual OAAM Holiday Guide? Mandy put together a stellar list this year. Click here to see the full list on our Holiday Fun 2013 page, and here to see her post, which highlights a few of our faves.
Now it’s time to stuff ourselves silly with turkey and fixins and then get ready to have a holly jolly ol’ time in December. We can’t wait to share some of our favorite holiday events with you next month. And as always, if there’s an outing you think we should scout, please leave us a comment on this post or send an email to email@example.com.
Meet Our Sponsors!
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT is a private pre-school, elementary and middle school, serving families from over 20 communities.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.