We may have experienced single digit temperatures this month, but that cold weather didn’t slow us down one bit! In case you missed anything (or just want a handy-dandy list of all our January destinations), I’ve got the roundup ready to go.
Here is a quick rundown of our Out and About Mom January 2014 adventures:
Our New Site – The biggest news for us this month is the roll-out of our new site. We have a new color scheme, a new design, and brand new pictures. I love that the pictures include our expanded crew (Sweetheart and the Little Guy were feeling so left out!) and that it no longer includes a picture of me 7 months pregnant! I have to admit that it was starting to get a little awkward when I had to hand out our marketing material which showed me with a giant belly. I mean, Sweetheart is almost a year and a half old 🙂 Ha-ha!
As we continue to make updates to the site, we have been adding more information to our sidebar and expanding our pages with more resources. We are hoping to make it even easier for your to find the information you need to get “Out and About”!
The OAAM Guide to Indoor Fun – Just in time for the bitter cold, Shawna has put together a post all about the wonderful indoor activities available in and around our state. Check out some of her favorites here or visit our indoor fun page for a full listing. Bookmark the page for future reference or you can always find it by clicking the link in our sidebar (just look for the picture below) or finding the page under “Extras” on our home page.
More Indoor Fun: Not only did we give you a guide to indoor fun, but we also added a bunch of new destinations to the list.
- The Children’s Museum at Holyoke and the Holyoke Heritage State Park (Holyoke, Massachusetts)
- Drop-in Family Playtime at the Gymnastics Training Center (Simsbury, Connecticut)
- Monkey Joe’s (Hamden, Connecticut)
- My Gym Little Bundles Class (Glastonbury, Connecticut)
- Toddler Time at Launch Trampoline Park (Hartford, Connecticut)
A Little Bit of Florida Sun: My family and I did get a chance to get away from the cold weather when we took a trip to Disney World earlier this month. In case any of our readers are planning their own trip to this popular destination, I shared a little bit about our travels here and here. We also asked readers to tell us their favorite Disney tips and they shared some wonderful ideas on our Facebook page.
So, all in all, January was a pretty busy month for this Out and About Mom crew. We’d love to hear if you visited any of these venues! Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Meet Our Sponsors!
- NEW – 4D Vision Gym – At 4D Vision Gym, a vision training center in Cromwell CT, Dr. Juanita Collier MS OD and her staff show members how to utilize Vision Therapy to correct visual issues and make learning and playing easier and more fun.
- The Annie Fisher Montessori Magnet School – AFM offers children ages three to twelve years old a free, public Montessori education implemented to the highest standards set by Association Montessori Internationale.
- NEW – Bright Horizons at Village Place
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT is a private pre-school, elementary and middle school, serving families from over 20 communities.
- Kathryn Deane Photography – Kathryn is a natural light photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, child, family, and senior portrait photography.
- NEW – Montessori Magnet School
Are you interested in becoming an Out and About Mom sponsor? Click here for more info.
Want to keep up with all our Out and About Mom adventures?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.