We are so excited to have the opportunity to work with Better Connecticut. Now on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month we get a chance to share some of our favorite family-friendly destinations in and around the state! We would love to have you tune in to the show! Better Connecticut airs Monday through Friday at 3:00 pm on WFSB.
For this week’s segment, I got a chance to take a field trip with reporter Melissa Cole to Jack and Allie’s Bookstore in Vernon, Connecticut. The snowy weather and delayed school openings made it so Shawna was not able to join us on this adventure (boo!) but Sweetheart and I made our best attempted to represent Out and About Mom on our own. We had fun sharing with Melissa all the reasons why we loved this charming store. In case you missed the segment, you can check it out below.
Jack and Allie’s bookstore has a FREE storytime and craft every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30 am. They will also be having a fun FREE event, Bunny Bonanza, on Saturday March 28, 2015. For more information on both of these activities you can check out my post on Jack and Allie’s Bookstore and my post about Easter Events in Connecticut.
- Bounce Town – This popular indoor play destination now has two ultimate bounce centers to choose from with awesome giant inflatables that will have your kids jumping, bouncing, running and laughing the whole time: Bounce Town in South Windsor, CT and Bounce Town in Canton, CT (NOW OPEN!).
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center – The state’s only free-standing hospital that offers comprehensive, world-class health care to children. Based in Hartford, Connecticut Children’s also provides services at several locations throughout the state.
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT this private pre-school, elementary and middle school serves families from over 20 communities.
- Mandell JCC – The Mandell JCC, Zachs Campus, 335 Bloomfield Avenue, West Hartford, CT, welcomes and serves families and individuals of all ages, stages, backgrounds and faiths. Our fitness, wellness and recreation, arts and culture, camp, early childhood education programs, classes, clubs and services are open to all. You Belong Here!
- Sleep, Baby, Sleep – Based out of Farmington, CT, this website is dedicated to helping babies and toddlers sleep through the night. It provides tons of great articles and information addressing the most common baby sleep troubles, customized baby sleep plans, and one on one support to help parents and babies get more Zzz’s.
Want to keep up with things to do with kids in Connecticut?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.