The Pick Your Own (PYO) fruit season is in full swing right now and we were on Better Connecticut last Thursday to discuss some of the places we’ve enjoyed visiting with our kids over the last four years!
While strawberry picking might have its last hurrah at most farms this week, raspberries are starting to become available and blueberries are right around the corner.
Check out our latest segment on Better Connecticut for all the details on picking. We chat about Rose’s Berry Farm in Glastonbury, March Farm in Bethlehem, Bishop’s Orchards in Guilford, and Lyman Orchards in Middlefield. Then check out our latest post on PYO for even more details on these destinations and more!
Out and About Mom is on Better Connecticut on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month sharing some of our favorite family-friendly destinations in and around the state. We would love to have you tune into the show! Better Connecticut airs Monday through Friday at 3:00 pm on WFSB.
Shawna & Mandy
- NEW: Personal Fitness at MSH Centers
- The Little Green Tambourine – Located in Canton, CT, this healthy living creative arts studio offers a variety of opportunities for kids to learn and play.
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center – The state’s only free-standing hospital that offers comprehensive, world-class health care to children. Based in Hartford, Connecticut Children’s also provides services at several locations throughout the state.
- The Independent Day School – Located on a rural campus in Middlefield, CT, this private pre-school, elementary and middle school serves families from over 20 communities.
- Mandell JCC – The Mandell JCC, Zachs Campus, 335 Bloomfield Avenue, West Hartford, CT, welcomes and serves families and individuals of all ages, stages, backgrounds and faiths. Our fitness, wellness and recreation, arts and culture, camp, early childhood education programs, classes, clubs and services are open to all. You Belong Here!
Interested in advertising opportunities with Out and About Mom? Get more info here.
Want to keep up with things to do with kids in Connecticut?
Check back every Tuesday and Thursday as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.