This post has been sponsored by Savers. All opinions are 100% my own.
Thanksgiving is around the corner, and for most of us, this is a time when we naturally start to think about all the blessings in our lives and what we are thankful for. Many of us may even actively seek out ways to give back within our local communities. And it makes the holiday that much more special knowing that our actions have positively impacted others who may need a little extra help this holiday season.
Additionally, in preparation for the arrival of out of town guests, festive get-togethers or even hosting the big family holiday at your place, you may be trying to do a little reorganizing and decluttering– I know I am! 🙂
But sometimes the hardest part of decluttering is figuring out what to do with all that stuff you want to get rid of– whether it’s gently used clothing in good condition or old mismatched socks. It’s still cluttering up your house if it’s sitting in bags by your front door while you try to find a place you can bring it!
So today we are excited to tell you about an opportunity to check both these items off your list– you can do good and declutter at the same time! Because thanks to a partnership with Savers, you can help support Hartford’s Hartsprings Foundation and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut simply by donating your used clothing (including kids clothes of course!) and/or housewares at any of 12 new donation drop spots located in or near the greater Hartford area.
Every donation gives gently used goods a second life AND also supports each nonprofit partners’ programs because Savers pays them for every donation made at the Donation Drop Spots. Additionally, Savers as a company keeps 650 million pounds of reusable goods out of landfills each year! So you’re giving back to the community and the planet.
Below is a list of these 12 locations, and the nonprofit partner that each location supports is listed next to the address. All locations are open seven days a week from 9 am to 5 pm, and a staff member will be available during open hours to assist you with your items and give you a receipt for your donation (click here for a list of items that can be donated). You can just drive right up to the donation spot, unload your items, grab your receipt, and be on your way! So even if you’ve got a carload of kiddos, you can still manage this errand easily 🙂
- 282 New Britain Avenue, Plainville, CT (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
- 1095 Kennedy Road, Windsor, CT (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
- 152 Chase Avenue, Waterbury, CT (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
- 411 Barnum Avenue, Stratford, CT (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut)
- 2985 Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc)
North Haven Crossing
- 410 Universal Drive N, North Haven, CT (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connecticut)
- 261 east Main Street, Westfield, MA (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
- 169 Hale Road, Manchester, CT (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
- 120 Slater Street, Manchester, CT (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
- 1869 Dixwell Avenue, Hamden, CT (Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Connectiut)
- 591 Memorial Drive, Chicopee, MA (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
Holyoke Shopping Center
- 2217 Northampton Street, Holyoke, MA (Hartsprings Foundation, Inc.)
Get Out, Give Back:
But of course, we couldn’t stop there! Not when we saw how many of these drop spots are soooooo close to some of our favorite places for getting “out and about” with our kiddos 🙂 So we’ve put together a quick list of fun outings that can double as an opportunity to do good– just pack up your donation, stop by the drop spot, and then head over to one of the nearby Out and About Mom approved destinations. Get out, give back and have a good time too!
- If you’re heading to the Connecticut Commons drop spot in Plainville, check out the nearby New Britain Museum of American Art with its awesome drop-in kids’ art classes, baby/toddler programs and always-open Art Lab. Plus, the Museum offers FREE admission every Saturday morning!
- If you’re heading to the Windsor Court drop spot in Windsor, stop in at the Windsor Library for some hangout time in their wonderful Kidspace area or check out one of their weekly or monthly drop-in programs.
- If you’re heading to the Stratford Square drop spot in Stratford, explore Beardsley Zoo in nearby Bridgeport.
- If you’re heading to the Turnpike Plaza drop spot in Newington, stop by TimberGyms for some outdoor play indoors with their fabulous full-size swing sets and tons of other fun play things.
- If you’re heading to the Hale Road or Slater Street drop spots in Manchester, your kids will love you for indulging them with arcade games, kiddie rides and (really) delicious pizza at Chuck E Cheese’s. Or, take them to the famous Shady Glen Diner for out-of-this-world cheeseburgers and amazing ice cream.
- If you’re heading to the North Haven Plaza drop spot in North Haven, make a day trip of it by visiting nearby New Haven for museums, munchies, and more.
- If you’re heading to the Parkway Plaza drop spot in Hamden, swing by Josh’s Jungle Playground for active, all-ages fun with a safari twist.
- If you’re heading to the Holyoke Shopping Center drop spot in Holyoke, MA, check out the Children’s Museum at Holyoke and the historic carousel at Holyoke Heritage State Park.
Don’t forget to check out these helpful tips as you gather your items to donate.
Best wishes for a happy & helpful holiday season!
Interested in advertising opportunities with Out and About Mom? Get more info here.
Want to keep up with things to do with kids in Connecticut?
Check back every week as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.