This giveaway has ended. Congratulations to Amanda G., winner of the family four-pack of tickets to Day Out With Thomas 2017!
Didn’t win but still want to go? Keep reading for all the details about this beloved event including how to buy tickets.
Thanks to the Essex Steam Train for sponsoring this post! All opinions expressed here are my own.
With the arrival of spring comes warmer days, budding trees, blossoming flowers and….Day Out With Thomas of course!
Each spring Thomas the Tank Engine chugs his way to the Essex Steam Train & Riverboat in Essex, CT where mini engineers can take a train ride with their favorite #1 engine.
April 22-23, April 29-30, May 6-7
Essex Steam Train & Riverboat
25 Plains Road, Essex, CT 06426
9:00 am – 6:00 pm (Train rides from 9:00 am-5:15 pm)
Ticket prices are $24 plus tax for ages 2 and up
(service charges and fees may apply)
Tickets include a train ride with Thomas and many additional activities!
Parking is FREE!
In celebration of this year’s theme, Day Out With Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017 will feature an array of friendship-inspired activities. Attendees will be able to participate in events that encourage and celebrate friendship including photo opportunities, crafts and a fun activity that invites kids to collect passport stamps throughout the day to receive a trio of Day Out With Thomas friendship bracelets.
Tickets for Day Out With Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017 are on sale now and available by calling Ticketweb toll-free 866-468-7630, or by visiting www.ticketweb.com/dowt or www.essexsteamtrain.com. Unlike previous years, no walk-up or day of event tickets will be available.
Start your engines! Thomas the Tank Engine is inviting little engineers to come team up with him and his best friend Percy for a day of family fun at Day Out With Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017. The fun includes:
A 25-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas. Departure times are every 45 minutes from 9:00 am – 5:15 pm. Passengers select a departure time when purchasing a ticket.
Interactive story time and photo opportunity with talking Percy
Meet Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway
Plus, check out these great activities (going on all day!) that are included with admission (no additional charge):
- Carnival rides (ride as many times as you want!)
- Face Painting featuring Day Out With Thomas characters
- Isle of Sodor Storytelling
- Special Thomas the Tank Engine video theater
- Coloring and creativity station
- Thomas and Megablock play areas
- Magic show
- Caboose the Clown, creating colorful balloon characters
- Sunny Train, with her beloved children’s music show:
30 minute shows @ 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm & 2:30pm
- Kid-friendly petting zoo provided by Circle K Farms
There are also plenty of kid-friendly food and snack items for sale.
If you are planning to go, please be sure to arrive at least an hour before your scheduled departure time as you will need to take a short train ride from the parking area to the train station. Plus, there are so many extra activities included with your ticket that you will want to leave time (either before or after) to enjoy those as well!
For more information, be sure to check out our blog posts from 2013 and 2014 for a virtual tour and lots more details about this great event! You can also get some really useful tips from our post about the 2016 event:
For the latest and greatest information from the railroad itself, be sure to check out the wonderful FAQ list that can be found here.
Want to win tickets?
We are excited to be partnering with The Essex Steam Train & Riverboat for the FIFTH year in a row to host this giveaway! Our kids have had so much fun at this event each year, and we can’t wait for one of you to experience that fun and excitement with your family!
We are giving away four (4) tickets to this year’s event. The tickets will be for Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 3:45 pm. To enter, fill out the Rafflecopter form below. See below for all the details. No purchase necessary.
Enter our GIVEAWAY for four tickets to the event and bring your whole family along! One winner will be chosen. See details below:
- PRIZE: Four tickets to Day Out With Thomas: The Friendship Tour 2017. The event will be held at Essex Steam Train & Riverboat in Essex, Connecticut. Winner’s tickets will be for Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 3:45 pm. Prize valued at $96.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One (1)
- TO ENTER: Use the Rafflecopter tool below. Enter your email address and select the “Easy Entry”. The email addresses that are collected for this giveaway will only be used for the purpose of contacting the winner and will never be distributed or sold. Entries submitted without a valid email address will not be considered valid entries and will be excluded from the drawing. Only one (1) contest entry per household.
One (1) winner will be selected at random from all valid entries. The winner will be notified via email and announced on Facebook. Please make sure you check your junk mail folder for our email. If no response is received from the winner within 24 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- No purchase is necessary to win. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries. This contest is open to United States residents 18 years of age and older.