Grab your pumpkin spiced latte and get ready for some fall fun in Connecticut! Enjoy this beautiful time of the year when the leaves are changing, the weather is turning crisp, and you can find delicious treats around every turn (I’m talking to you apple cider donut!) We’ve pulled together a list of some of our favorite fall destinations to ensure you can find a few wonderful outings for your family.
Fall Bucket List:
- Explore the corn maze, monster trucks, corn box and more at Meadow View Farm in Southwick, Massachusetts.
- Visit the petting zoo, get ice cream, and take a hay ride at Burke Ridge Farms in Ellington, Connecticut.
- Enjoy the Pumpkin Patch Train Ride on the Naugatuck Railroad in Thomaston, Connecticut.
- A corn maze, apples, and wagon rides can all be found at Scott’s Yankee Farmer in East Lyme, Connecticut.
- You can pick blueberries, raspberries, and apples at the destination that lives up to its name, Easy Pickin’s Orchard in Enfield, Connecticut.
- Pick peaches, apples, pears, and plums and then relax with a tasty treat from the farm stand and bakery at Dondero Orchards in South Glastonbury.
- Make your way through the corn maze then fill up on cider donuts at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield, Connecticut.
- Visit the hayloft playscape and pick some apples at March Farm in Bethlehem, Connecticut.
- Take a hayride and then let the little ones explore the mini-corn maze and play area at Brown’s Harvest in Windsor, Connecticut.
- Indulge in carnival rides and apple fritters at the Southington Apple Harvest Festival in Southington, Connecticut. (Weekends of September 29th and October 6th)
- Enjoy giant turkey legs, loaded baked potatoes, bizarre deep fried creations, rides, animals, and butter carvings at The Big E in Springfield, Massachusetts. (September 15 – October 1, 2017)
- Explore carnival rides, a petting zoo, a craft fair, indulgent snack stands, live music and more at the Glastonbury Apple Harvest Festival. (October 13-15, 2017)
- Enjoy breakfast with a view at Rose’s Berry Farm in Glastonbury, Connecticut.
- Experience the unique horse-drawn wagon ride, pick some apples, and let your little one get “lost” in the FREE hay maze at Scott’s Orchard Fall Festival in Glastonbury, Connecticut.
- Enjoy a trolley ride out to the pumpkin patch at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor, Connecticut.
- Snap a selfie with Bigfoot in the super family-friendly corn maze at Garden’s Dream Farm in Enfield, Connecticut.
- Conquer the corn maze and pick your own apples (or just pick up some apple pies) at Bishop’s Orchards in Guilford, Connecticut.
- Jump in the corn pit, race the pedal bikes, and climb the giant tires at the Fair Weather Acres Fall Festival in Cromwell, Connecticut.
- Enjoy weekday fall fun with hayrides, playscapes, farm animals and more at Foster Family Farm in South Windsor, Connecticut.
- Say hello to sheep, donkeys, pigs and more at Flamig Farm in Simsbury, Connecticut.
- Pick some delicious apples at Rogers Orchards in Southington, Connecticut.
- Take the wagon ride to pumpkin and apple picking at Karabin Farms in Southington, Connecticut.
- Take a hayride and pick the perfect pumpkin at the Pickin’ Patch in Avon, Connecticut.
- Take a wagon ride to pick delicious apples, then sample some favorite fall treats at the Hungry Harvester snack bar at Belltown Hill Orchards in Glastonbury, Connecticut.
- Pull turnips, jump in the hay stack, and feed the cows on the Hurst Farm Hay Ride in Andover, Connecticut.
Now get out there before it gets too cold! We hope you find an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful fall-time activities available here in Connecticut.
Shawna & Mandy
Interested in advertising opportunities with Out and About Mom? Get more info here. Out and About Mom is 100% funded by the generous support of our sponsors.
Want to keep up with things to do with kids in Connecticut?
Check back every week as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter or follow us on Instagram to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.