You know that famous Beatles tune. The one that says all you need is love. Well this Valentine’s Day, we’re taking a page from their songbook with our list of FREE (or practically free) kids’ activities to celebrate the official day of love!
This handy Valentine’s Day Guide for 2018 is filled with activities and events for your children that will teach, engage, inspire and encourage creativity. From hands-on projects and handmade gifts to snuggly storytimes, get ready to cuddle up with your little lovebirds and create some magical memories.
As usual, we’ve tried to keep this list of events to places that we have also been to and blogged about so that you can get a little “venue preview” and all those signature OAAM details before you head out. But if there is a FREE (or almost free) event that you think we should add to our list (whether we have been there or not), please leave a comment on this post with the details!
***As of the posting date, all information is current. Please be sure to confirm details with each individual venue as you make your plans.***
Connecticut Historical Society
One Elizabeth Street, Hartford, CT ; 860-236-5621
- Family Program: Valentines for Kids; Saturday February 3, 10:00am-1:00pm
- Instead of buying your Valentine’s Day cards this year, come to CHS on Free First Saturday to create old-fashioned, hand-made Valentines! Get inspired by Valentines from long ago, then use your creativity to make Valentine cards to give to your friends and family. All supplies will be provided, but families may also bring their own supplies. This drop-in program is open to the public and great for all ages.
Locations nationwide. Visit their website to find a store near you. Please call to confirm availability at your location.
- Michaels Kids Club: Valentine’s Day Love Bugs; Saturday February 3, 10:00am-12:00pm ***PLEASE NOTE: This event costs $2 per child.***
The Home Depot
Stores nationwide. Visit their website to find one near you. Please be sure to call to confirm availability at your location.
- The Home Depot Kids Workshop: Valentine Bean Bag Toss; Saturday February 3, 9:00am-12:00pm.
- Build, paint and decorate a Valentine bean bag toss in this hands-on workshop.
Jack & Allie’s Children’s Bookstore
520 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon, CT; 860-375-8465 or email@example.com
- Make your own Valentine’s cards; Saturday February 10, 11:00am-1:00pm.
Windsor Library Kidspace Valentine’s Day Storytime
323 Broad Street, Windsor, CT; (860) 285-1910
- Stop in for a special Valentine’s Day Storytime. Tuesday February 13 from 10:30am–11:15am.
- Enjoy stories, songs and a simple craft–all Valentines themed! This program is recommended for kids ages 2 to 6. Drop-In.
Cragin Memorial Library
8 Linwood Avenue, Colchester, CT; (860) 537-5752
Barnes & Noble Valentine’s Storytime
Stores nationwide. Check their website to find one near you. Please be sure to call to confirm availability at your location.
- Click, Clack, Moo I Love You! Storytime; Saturday February 10 at 11:00am @ Somerset Square in Glastonbury, CT. (Check your local store for other dates/times!)
New Canaan Nature Center Wednesday Crafternoons
144 Oenoke Ridge, New Canaan, CT; (203) 966-9577
- Stop by the Visitor Center to create a cute ladybug valentine to give to your loved ones! Wednesday February 14 from 10:00am – 3:00pm.
Interested in advertising opportunities with Out and About Mom? Get more info here.
Don’t miss our annual Spread the Love Sale! It’s our way of saying “we love you” to the wonderful sponsors that make Out and About Mom possible. Get 50% off Large & Small Ads. Click HERE for details.
Want to keep up with things to do with kids in Connecticut?
Check back every week as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter and follow us on Instagram to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.