Fall officially begins on September 22nd but we are already preparing at Out and About Mom!
We want to make sure you enjoy some amazing family adventures this time of year so we’ve gathered together some of our favorite pumpkin spice latte season outings to share with you today. See below for some of the destinations we enjoy visiting each Fall and also be sure to share with us YOUR favorite family outings by commenting on our Facebook Page.
Fall Bucket List:
- Go fruit picking at popular destinations in Glastonbury including Dondero Orchards, Scott’s Orchard Fall Festival, and Belltown Hill Orchards.
- Buy tickets for the Pumpkin Patch Train Ride on the Naugatuck Railroad in Thomaston. (runs weekends starting October 6th)
- Pick some apples and attempt this year’s Dancing with the Stars themed maze at Lyman Orchards in Middlefield. (through November 4)
- Take a trolley ride out to the pumpkin patch and then let your kids try out the cool new corn box at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor.
NEW corn box at the Connecticut Trolley Museum. Photo courtesy of the Connecticut Trolley Museum.
- Indulge in breakfast with a view at Rose’s Berry Farm in Glastonbury. (Sundays through October 21)
- Visit the hayloft playscape and pick some apples at March Farm in Bethlehem.
- Enjoy live music, food trucks, rides and more at the Glastonbury Apple Harvest Festival. (October 12-14)
- Make sure you know your ABC’s and 123’s before heading over to this year’s enchanted Wee Faerie Village at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme. (September 29 to October 28)
- Visit Scott’s Yankee Farmer in East Lyme for hayrides, fruit picking, and the corn maze which is dinosaur-themed this year.
- Take a spooky stroll down Wethersfield‘s Main Street for the 23rd annual Scarecrows on Main Street. (Event is FREE and runs October 6 – November 4) Then head around the corner for some playground time at Mikey’s Place Playground.
- Have a relaxing morning outing picking apples and more at the destination that lives up to its name, Easy Pickin’s Orchard in Enfield.
- Try out the new jump pad and all of the other fun activities at Brown’s Harvest in Windsor.
- Take a Sunday drive to Old Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, Massachusetts and enjoy a break at their brunch buffet at the Oliver Wight Tavern.
- Indulge in carnival rides and apple fritters at the Southington Apple Harvest Festival in Southington. (Weekends September 28 – October 7)
- Ride the rides, eat the food, and visit with the variety of animals at The Big E in Springfield, Massachusetts. (September 14 – 30)
- Attempt not to get lost in the corn maze and then check out the winery (Be sure to follow that order or events. Ha!) at Bishop’s Orchards in Guilford.
- Don’t miss the HUGE corn pit at the Fair Weather Acres Fall Festival in Cromwell.
- During October visit Foster Family Farm in South Windsor on weekdays for some Fall entertainment.
- Visit the animals and take a pony ride (only available on Saturdays) at Flamig Farm in Simsbury.
- Pick some delicious apples at Rogers Orchards in Southington.
- Take the wagon ride to pumpkin and apple picking at Karabin Farms in Southington.
- Dress up the kiddos and head out to the annual Halloween Stroll in West Hartford (October 27)
- Check out the creativity at Pumpkintown USA in East Hampton.
So, now are you ready to start your Fall outing planning? Let’s do this!
Shawna & Mandy