Valentine’s Day is around the corner! Get ready to celebrate with our Out and About Mom Valentine’s Day Guide for 2019. This year we’ve compiled a list of 10 activities and events for families that will teach, engage, inspire and encourage creativity. From hands-on projects and handmade gifts to snuggly storytimes, get ready to cuddle up with your little lovebirds and create some magical memories in honor of the official day of love
As usual, we’ve tried to keep this list of events to places that we have also been to and blogged about so that you can get a little “venue preview” and all those signature OAAM details before you head out. But if there is an event that you think we should add to our list (whether we have been there or not), please leave a comment on this post or email us at email@example.com.
- Create handmade Valentines and love letters at the Connecticut Historical Society Museum and Library in Hartford (FREE!). SATURDAY, 2/2 @10:00AM-1:00PM. OAAM Post; Website
- Build a Heart Candy Box with your little sweetheart(s) at The Home Depot’s Kids Workshop at participating stores (FREE!). SATURDAY 2/2 @9:00am-12:00pm. OAAM Post, Website
- Get crafty at Michael’s Kids Club with special Valentine’s projects at participating stores on SATURDAY 2/2 & 2/9 @10:00am-12:00pm. OAAM Post; Website
- Whip up some sweet treats at a kids’ cooking class at Stew Leonard’s (various locations). 2/5-2/12 @various times. OAAM Post; Website
- Paint a charming pair of Lovebirds at Toddler Tuesdays at Glazed Pottery Painting and Art Studio in Glastonbury. TUESDAY, 2/12 @11:00AM-12:30PM. OAAM Post; Website
- Create custom chocolate treats for a special somebody at Chocolate Works in Darien. Drop-in! OAAM Post; Website
- Snuggle up at a Barnes & Noble Storytime at participating stores featuring All You Need is Love (FREE!). SATURDAY, 2/9 @11:00. OAAM Post; Website
- Explore the Fire & Ice Valentine’s Festival in Putnam. SATURDAY, 2/9 @12:00pm-9:00pm. OAAM Post; Website
- Bake cookies for someone special at The Cookie Workshop in Trumbull. Drop-in! OAAM Post; Website
- Team up for The Happy Hearts Scavenger Hunt at Imagine Nation Museum in Bristol. THURSDAY, 2/14 @10:00am-2:00pm OAAM Post; Website
***As of the posting date, all information is current. Please be sure to confirm details with each individual venue as you make your plans.***
Please note: This post may contain information about businesses or organizations that are currently Out and About Mom sponsors. No additional compensation was received for this post. Out and About Mom is 100% funded by the generous support of our sponsors. All opinions expressed are entirely our own.
Want to keep up with things to do with kids in Connecticut?
Check back every week as we dish up more Momsense for getting out and about with your little ones. Don’t have time to check back in? Let us send you an automatic notification of new posts straight to your email inbox by signing up here. Also, you can like us on Facebook and Twitter or follow us on Instagram to keep up with the latest posts and get some extra tidbits we share only through those sites.