If you are interested in having us review your child-friendly establishment, please contact us at email@example.com.
We love learning about new and fun places in the Connecticut area to take our kids and, of course, blog about!
Before you contact us, though, take a look at the information below so that you know a little more about us and about our goals for this blog.
- We focus on activities for preschool- and early elementary school-aged children: Our children are very young and are therefore limited in the activities in which they can participate. When we do research for a post, it is not just a blog outing, but a fun outing for our kids. At this time, we are unable to review activities/venues that are focused on the older crowd (it won’t be long, though!)
- We don’t write posts about the places NOT to go: We will only write a review if we realistically enjoyed the outing. We go with the motto of “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. So, if you ask us to review your venue and we decide it wasn’t the best activity for our family, we will kindly let you know that we cannot write a review at this time.
- We provide our honest opinion: We reserve the right to be open and honest about the locations we visit. As mentioned above, we have no interest in writing a post about why we didn’t like an outing. However, if we really enjoyed an outing, but felt there were opportunities for improvement of the location (e.g. it would be great to have a baby changing station in the bathroom), we will certainly mention those in our post.
- We only write posts for long-term or permanent activities: We are planners and we plan several weeks ahead for our writing schedules. It also takes a significant amount of time for us to plan the outing, collect the information we need and put together the post. We, therefore, are unable to cover short-term events in a post. We want to ensure there is time for us to attend the event, write the post, and still time for our readers to be able to go. You are welcome to post the details about your short-term event on our Facebook page. Or, you can take advantage of our advertising opportunities to help promote your upcoming event.
- We are open and honest about any compensation received for a post: In most cases, we do not charge a fee for writing one of our reviews of kid-friendly activities. We do request, however, that if you would like for us to review your activity, any entry fees will be waived (hey – it gets really expensive to go to all these places!). If there is an entry fee for the activity that is waived, we will note that in our post. If the activity is related to a business that is advertising on our site, we will note that in our post. If we are reviewing your business as part of a Sponsored Post, we will note that we have received compensation for that review in our post. We do accept compensation for sponsored posts, advertising, product reviews, giveaways, and related topics. Any post where we were compensated for the work related to our review or activity will be noted. Any opinions expressed by us will always be 100% our own regardless of compensation.
- Please consider supporting our site through our sponsorship program: While we do not make this a requirement to be included in a post on our site, we do ask that you consider purchasing an ad in our sidebar. Our comprehensive reviews are a lot of work, often taking many hours to put together. We work very hard to accomplish our mission of bringing detailed information about kids’ activities and destinations to thousands of CT parents, and we need the support of sponsors to be able to keep “scouting your outing.” If you have found our site to be valuable, please consider supporting us financially by purchasing an ad. Rates start at just $20/month Go here for more info.
- Please note: Any and all photographs taken by us in conjunction with a review become the exclusive, copyrighted property of Out and About Mom.