Happy Strong Home (formerly A Year With Mom And Dad)
Other Blogs/Sites We Love
- 100 Days of Real Food – If you are interested in cutting out processed foods and want to eat more “real” food, this site is for you. I can’t say I follow it anywhere close to 100%, but I’ve found it extremely helpful as I make food decisions for my family.
- Bower Power – A cute blog about family, photography, home improvement, and decorating. Plus the author really loves bacon and I just have to follow anyone who loves bacon.
- Teaching Two and Three Year Olds – This blog is written by a preschool teacher with over 15 years of experience. I’m not a very crafty mom, but many of the ideas on her site are easy to do and don’t require me to make a shopping trip to the craft store. Yay!
- Young House Love – This is one of the first blogs I started following and I look forward to reading their posts each week. It is about family, decorating, and life in general.
- Weelicious – I love to cook, but Boo is perhaps the pickiest preschooler on the planet when it comes to food. This site helps me find yummy recipes that taste good and are good for him. Try the baked blueberry doughnuts. A-maz-ing.
- The Pioneer Woman – When I first heard about this blog, I thought it was some kind of reality experiment to eat like cowboys heading west in covered wagons. Not even close. I enjoy reading about Ree Drummond (a.k.a. The Pioneer Woman) and her family’s adventures on their Oklahoma ranch. And the food. She makes really delicious food! You can also check her out on The Food Network.
- A Bowl Full of Lemons – “When I cannot bear outer pressures anymore, I begin to put order in my belongings…As if unable to organize and control my life, I seek to exert this on the world of objects.” -Anaïs Nin. If this quote describes your compulsive tendencies like it does mine, this is the site for you! Even if you don’t have time to organize your house like this, just looking at the gorgeous photos and imagining it that way is an instant mood-lifter 🙂
Both of Us
- Baby Gizmo – This site contains reviews of products for babies and kids, suggestions for family travel destinations, and more. There are so many great things about this site, but their video stroller reviews are probably the resource we use most often. We have a lot of strollers between these two families!